Friday, July 6, 2018

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.

Ezekiel 1

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking. v28

Ezekiel - referred to as God's watchman (see also chapter 33) - has a vision of God's throne (much like John's in Revelation).  Ezekiel is defined as someone that "looks out" for God, implying that others must know of God's presence and His words. 

We should be watchmen in our lives for where Jesus is - and we should remember that Jesus lives within us as we are temples (1 Corinthians 3:16-17) and He resides in our hearts.  And we should recognize that God is always at work within us - this is the Holy Spirit.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and I know that You are within me and at work in me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.