Friday, July 20, 2018

It will not take a strong arm or many people to pull it up by the roots.

Ezekiel 17

It will not take a strong arm or many people to pull it up by the roots. v9

We need God to ensure we are tossed about by winds and wickedness of this world.  Unfortunately, when we allow ourselves to be rooted by the things of this world we may experience some fulfillment but ultimately we will wither.

When we invite God into our heart and make Him the foundation of our life, we are more firmly rooted.  


I myself will take a shoot from the very top of a cedar and plant it; I will break off a tender sprig from its topmost shoots and plant it on a high and lofty mountain. On the mountain heights of Israel I will plant it; it will produce branches and bear fruit and become a splendid cedar. Birds of every kind will nest in it; they will find shelter in the shade of its branches. All the trees of the forest will know that I the Lord bring down the tall tree and make the low tree grow tall. I dry up the green tree and make the dry tree flourish. v22-24

See also posts on firm foundation.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and You are my firm foundation.  Thank You for giving me strength and protecting me from the winds and waves of this world.  I am not worth such love.  I worry far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.