Thursday, July 19, 2018

Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.

Ezekiel 16

Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. v60

In this chapter, God refers to Jerusalem as an adulterous wife and prostitute - unfaithful to God.  God describes how He cared for a young Jerusalem that was despised (v5), how He felt compassion on Jerusalem, made her His (v9), and how he nurtured and developed Jerusalem into a beautiful queen (v13).  Yet Jerusalem trusted in her beauty and misused her fame (v15).  

This is a message for all of us.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 12 describes how we are all entrusted with spiritual gifts.  We must be good stewards of these gifts and use them for God's glory - not our own.

God is full of grace and compassion for all of us just as He was with Jerusalem - He sent His Son as the everlasting covenant referred to in verse 60. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I miss the mark.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.