Monday, July 9, 2018

This will be a sign to the people of Israel.

Ezekiel 4

This will be a sign to the people of Israel. v4

There will be times in our lives when it should be clear that God is doing something to get our attention.  It should not be hard for us to detect that God is up to something in our lives.  If we are close to God we should be able to see how God is using events and circumstances in our lives - see also Romans 12:2 where Paul urges us to "be transformed by the renewing of the mind". This renewing allows us to better see the world from God's perspective.

The Bible of course is full of examples where God uses His power to get our attention.

Ananias and Sapphira failed to give as God intends for us and both were struck dead (Acts 5).  After this it is said that "[g]reat fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events".  


Unfortunately, such events and circumstances cause many of us to push God away.  See also how Jesus healed the demon-possessed man and how (Luke 8:26-39) the "all the people of the region of the Gerasenes asked Jesus to leave them, because they were overcome with fear".

This fear should draw us TO God and not AWAY from God.

 My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who is full of love and compassion for me and You are ALWAYS doing things for me to help me - for my good.  Thank You Jesus that You love me so much.  Yet I am not worth such love.  I miss the mark daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.