Thursday, June 21, 2018

The fierce anger of the Lord will not turn back until he fully accomplishes the purposes of his heart.

Jeremiah 30

The fierce anger of the Lord will not turn back until he fully accomplishes the purposes of his heart. v24

God has a plan and He has made promises.  Nothing can stop God's plan and God will always keep His promises.  God's plan includes exile, punishment and restoration of His children.  It also includes sending His Son (see v21) and reconciling us to Him through the cross.  God created and designed us to glorify Him and this could only be accomplished through Jesus who gives us the power and freedom to serve.

See also John Piper message here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves us and who gives us freedom from the sting of sin and death, and freedom to serve.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and such a gift.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.