Sunday, June 3, 2018

Since my people are crushed, I am crushed; I mourn, and horror grips me.

Jeremiah 8

Since my people are crushed, I am crushed; I mourn, and horror grips me. v21

God takes no pleasure in our sin; in fact, he is greatly disappointed as our sin separates us from Him and it is not God's design for us.  When He punishes us, it is for our good.

My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Proverbs 3:11-12

My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Hebrews 12:5-6
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me...even when I sin and You have to punish and discipline me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love as worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.