Saturday, June 9, 2018

Therefore this is what the Lord says: “If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman.

Jeremiah 15

Therefore this is what the Lord says: “If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me;
if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesman. v19

Jeremiah is weary of warning the Israelites of impending harsh punishment and has moments of doubt.  Yet God wants us to trust in Him and endure.  When we don't trust in Him fully - this is contrary to God's command (Exodus 20, Mathew 22:37-40).  God wants Jeremiah - and all of us - to turn away from our doubt and place our trust in Him.  We must endure and keep running the race.  God is with us.

In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33
 
We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly. Acts 4:12-13
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love for me and You never leave or forsake me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love as I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.