Friday, June 1, 2018

“Yet even in those days,” declares the Lord, “I will not destroy you completely.

Jeremiah 5

“Yet even in those days,” declares the Lord, “I will not destroy you completely. v18

God is angry with the Israelites and He describes how He will punish them.  Yet He has also made promises to Abraham, Issac, Jacob, David, etc. regarding the Jewish nation, His chosen people, that a Messiah will rise from among them.  We know that God is faithful and that He keeps His promises.

This is of course highly encouraging because God's word is full of promises and that while the world makes many, many promises, only God is faithful.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are that You are faithful, that You ALWAYS keep Your promises.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.