Saturday, June 23, 2018

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

Jeremiah 33

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. v3

Jeremiah is often referred to as the weeping prophet for the loneliness he feels as others conspire against him as they feel angry over the message he delivers regarding impending punishment God has in store for the Jewish people.  Yet Jeremiah gains strength through God and continues to delivery truth.

In Jeremiah 29-35 God uses Jeremiah to give the Jewish people hope for a restoration. They will return from exile, God will be there for them, and God will keep His promise to delivery a Savior from David's line (see Jeremiah 33:14-16).

As He communicates this message of hope to both the Jewish people and to us as we read it now, we must focus in on the awesomeness of God's promises and today in particular the promises God makes in chapter 33.

Verse 3 is one of the great promises we should lock away in our heart - we all want wisdom - just as Solomon had wisdom.  God promises a divine wisdom if we just "call to [Him]".   This "unsearchable" wisdom can only be found by God and God in His greatness will tell us unsearchable things - of course the next question becomes how will use such knowledge.  We must glorify Him with all that we do - that is why we exist

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I love You and You have divined unsearchable things to me and I am grateful Lord.  For this and so much more You have been so amazing to me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.