Friday, June 8, 2018

No, it is you, Lord our God. Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this.

Jeremiah 14

No, it is you, Lord our God. Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this. v22

As God continues to use Jeremiah to deliver a message of impending punishment (exile) to the Israelites, God points  the Israelites to Him as the creator of the heavens and the earth and the King of Kings.  The Israelites have placed their hope in the world and the creator of the world and all that is in it (creation).  Of course we do this as well - worship what is created neglecting who and how something is created - ALL comes from Him.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:16-17 

As David offers up all the gifts pledged to built God's temple, he acknowledges the source of all things:

“But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. We are foreigners and strangers in your sight, as were all our ancestors. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope. Lord our God, all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you. 1 Chronicles 29:14-16 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and You are the creator of all things and every good thing in my life comes from You - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such blessings as I worry.  Please forgive me and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.