Wednesday, June 6, 2018

But you, Lord Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

Jeremiah 11

But you, Lord Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause. v20

Jeremiah serves as God's messenger to the Israelites - warning them of coming punishment.  Yet the Israelites plot against Jeremiah.  This reminds me of the townspeople's reaction to Jesus driving demons from pigs (and restores two men) - see Matthew 8 - "they pleaded with Jesus to leave their region".  When confronted with truth, including truth about my own sin, do I repent or do I run?  Just like the townspeople and Jesus, the Israelites plot against Jeremiah.

We all need brothers and sisters in Christ to call out sin in our lives and to be with us to support and pray for us in our time of need. We need the Nathans, Jeremiahs, etc. in our lives.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who provides me with brothers and sisters in Christ who support and pray for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Please help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.