Thursday, December 17, 2020

Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 9-12

Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right. You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. Acts 10:34-36

Day 326 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as I move further into the New Testament - this morning focusing primarily on the spread of the Gospel to the Gentiles. My commentary* notes: "God’s eternal plan all along has been that all people of the world—Jew and non-Jew alike—should come to know him through Christ Jesus....The first Gentile recipient of the gospel message is a devout Roman military leader by the name of Cornelius....the church’s Gentile ministry and fellowship grows steadily, even to the point that when the Jewish Christians in Judea have a special financial need, the Gentile Christians in Antioch volunteer to supply that need."

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) . Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

I am reminded that all are deserving to hear the Good News of Jesus Christ and we are to dismiss any thoughts we may have regarding who might believe or not.  Believers are to speak as Peter did in Acts 4:20 when he said "[a]s for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard". We must feel compelled to not only be the hands and feet of Jesus with our actions but also with our words.  It is then up to God to either make someone a believer or not - we are simply the messenger. God may provide us the words, but faith itself is a gift from God, and although God may work through us, it is not from anything we do.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has given me faith...and faith in those around me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You bless me.  My sin continues, including worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.