Friday, December 18, 2020

“We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said.

Acts 13-15

“We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said. Acts 14:22

Day 327 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as I move further into the New Testament - this morning focusing on Paul's first missionary journey and the Jerusalem conference which sought to settle the extent to which Gentile believers were subject to aspects of the ceremonial law - specifically circumcision. Paul and his companions, including Barnabas and Mark, at times encounter significant opposition as the Jews were jealous of how many came to believe as a result of Paul's teachings. Some of this opposition included stoning (Acts 14).  Paul and Barnabas know the hardships and opposition to the gospel is to be expected.  All believers must come to expect such hardship and opposition.  Yet God is with us always...to the end of the age (Matthew 28). 

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.  John 15:18-19

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is with me with all of my struggles and challenges - thank You Jesus!  I know You will never leave or forsake me.  Thank You.  I am not deserving of such love and blessing.  I continue to sin - worry, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.