Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Matthew 19-20, 26, Mark 10, 14, Luke 18-19, and John 11-12

Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Matthew 20:25-28, Mark 10:42-45

Day 311 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as I move further into the New Testament - this morning focusing on what my commentary* describes as a count down to "the final days of Jesus' life and ministry, probably between January and the end of March" before Jesus' crucifixion. The scripture this morning includes teachings, miracles, and the growing threat of Jesus' imprisonment and death. Core to the teaching this morning focuses on humility as nearly all of Jesus' followers at this point do not understand what is going to occur and why it is going to occur, and this morning James and John both seek to gain glory and Jesus admonishes them.

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who came to earth, endured scorn, and surrendered Your life willingly...for me.  Thank You Jesus.  Unbelievable...I am not deserving of such a gift - the greatest gift of all time.  However, my sin continues...worry, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.