Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Now you will see that I am the one God! There is no god but me. I send life and death; I can hurt, and I can heal. No one can escape from me.

Chapter 23: Pages 318-331

Now you will see that I am the one God! There is no god but me. I send life and death; I can hurt, and I can heal. No one can escape from me. Deuteronomy 32:39

This morning, I continued John Piper's book Providence (purchased from Amazon Kindle Store) and started Part 3 "The Nature and Extent of Providence", moving to Section 5 "Providence Over Life and Death" - moving to chapter twenty-three "A Bath of Truth and the Gift of Birth". 

The key takeaway from this chapter, pounded home by example after example in scripture, is how God both gives and takes life - only Him. 

  • Genesis 25:21, 26:2,4, 28:14-15, 29:31, 30:22 
  • Deuteronomy 32:39
  • 2 Kings 5:7
  • Ruth 4:13
  • 1 Samuel 2:5-6
  • Job 34:14-15
  • Psalm 95:6, 100:3, 119:73, 139:13-14
  • Isaiah 42:5-6, 65:9
  • John 5:26, 17:2
  • Luke 1:13, 24-25, 58

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You both created and sustain my life, and You do the same for all life, including those in my family, friends and my brothers and sisters in Christ - thank You Jesus for the richness of life. I am not deserving.  I know the wages of sin are death....and I continue to sin, including worry and harsh words for others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.