Monday, April 10, 2023

Again one having the appearance of a man touched me and strengthened me. And he said, “O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage.” And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened[.]

Daniel 10

 Again one having the appearance of a man touched me and strengthened me. And he said, “O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage.” And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened[.] Daniel 10:18-19

I resume my study of Daniel in conjunction with a disciple/small group study with my church's men's wake up call. This morning my focus is Daniel 10.  The full meaning of the imagery used in this chapter is unclear to me, but I can start with what is clear:

  • God speaks to Daniel through a vision (v1)
  • The nature of the vision involves a conflict (v1)
  • Daniel sees a Heavenly being - similar to a vision of Christ at end times from Revelation.
  • The being - although not explicitly mentioned as God - is clearly God; God encourages, comforts , and strengthens Daniel, and by implication - those of faith - believers (v10-12, 18-19)
  • The vision is about the future, including Persia and Greece (v13-14)

When we are troubled and we sit amidst trials/suffering and when we don't know the fullness of the future and what it holds - we know that God comforts, encourages, and strengthens us.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are good and I know that You comfort, encourage, and strengthen - and so much more - thank You Jesus! I am not deserving of how You love me.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.