Sunday, April 16, 2023

But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.”

Daniel 12

But go your way till the end. And you shall rest and shall stand in your allotted place at the end of the days.” Daniel 12:13

I resume my study of Daniel in conjunction with a disciple/small group study with my church's men's wake up call. This morning my focus is Daniel 12 and my unaided observations of the text.  Here, Daniel's vision from the previous chapter continues, yet pivots to describe prophecy of what is almost certain to be the end of times - although the description here in Daniel 12 focuses on end times for Israel.  "Your people" is referred to twice in v1 as the angel describes the prophecy to Daniel - reinforcing this position.  There is a reference to "the book" which is also referred to in Revelation. The faithful of Israel who have died will awaken to Heaven, while others will awaken to eternal damnation.  We see a vision of the One True God in v8-13 and in his vision, God speaks to Daniel. Once again, we can comfort in knowing that if we persevere to the end, enduring in our faith and trust in God, we can rest assured in our salvation knowing He is saving a place for us in Heaven.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God as You are abounding in love and mercy and You offer salvation for those who repent and acknowledge You as their Lord and Savior.  Thank You for this amazing gift that You offer.  I am not deserving of such a gift.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.