Thursday, April 6, 2023

Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel[.]

2 Timothy 2

Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel[.] 2 Timothy 2:8

This morning, I continue a pause in my study of Daniel, to listen to DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, which, appropriately during the Holy Week of Easter, highlights two ways to remember Jesus: (1) that He has risen, and (2) as the offspring of David.  That Jesus has risen gives us hope - we know that sin and death has already lost its sting, and regardless of what challenges, trials, and suffering we may experience, "the worst that it can do on this earth is kill you. And Jesus has taken the sting out of that enemy. He is alive. And you will be alive. “Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul” (Matthew 10:28)." The second reason is important to remember because Jesus is the Messiah the Jews waited for as fulfillment of prophecy - see also 2 Samuel 7:8-17.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are good and I am grateful for my salvation that You gave to me as a gift of amazing grace.  I am hopeful that through Your resurrection, which I mark and celebrate this week, I have already tasted the benefits of victory over sin and death...and I know more is to come!  Thank You Jesus!  Yet, again, I am not deserving.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.