Sunday, April 2, 2023

And I heard a man's voice between the banks of the Ulai, and it called, “Gabriel, make this man understand the vision.”

Daniel 8

 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of the Ulai, and it called, “Gabriel, make this man understand the vision.” Daniel 8:16

I resume my study of Daniel in conjunction with a disciple/small group study with my church's men's wake up call. This morning my focus is Daniel 8 and my unaided observations of this text. The text today, discussing a vision from Daniel, is interpreted through Gabriel, who is commanded through "a voice" (v16) to help Daniel understand the vision he has.  Gabriel then shares how this vision is about the "time of the end" (v17, see also v19) and how - like Daniel 7 - chaos amidst the world will persist and climax at the end times.  Yet once again, believers should not be appalled as Daniel is of these visions of end times but instead be encouraged because we know how redemptive history will end - with a new Jerusalem and how God is saving a place for us.  I am grateful this morning for God's Word - the entirety of it - His special revelation

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God as You have provided Your Word as a means to understand Yourself and Your Will for my life - to also bring aid in bringing about obedience to You as it works in conjunction with the Holy Spirit in my heart and life - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You work in my life.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.