Sunday, January 27, 2019

A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Luke 6

A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. v38

Luke's version of the Sermon on the Mount (see also Matthew 5-7) includes verses instructing us to avoid judging others and instead focus on our own sin.  At the same time, as we look inward, we are to examine how we are good stewards on the gifts (time, treasure, and talents) God has provided us.

Jesus words on this subject are also recorded later in Luke in chapter 12: 
 
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

I know God has blessed me beyond what I deserve in terms of time, treasure, and talents, and I am hopeful and prayerful that I am a good steward of these blessings.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has blessed me beyond what I deserve. I am grateful for Your grace and Your sacrifice - the greatest gift of all time. Thank You Jesus - but again, I am undeserving.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.