Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Mark 13

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. v31

One of the disciples remarks to Jesus about the magnificence of the temple (v1) but Jesus warns the disciples of the destruction of the temple and end times.  In response to their questions, Jesus provides them signs that the end of times is near.  He provides many signs (v6-9, 13-29) and encourages us to be on guard (v9), preach to all nations (v10), allow the Holy Spirit to speak through us (v11), among many other signs. 

Striking among them is v12-13:  

Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. Everyone will hate you because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. v12-13

This to me emphasizes the importance of putting Jesus first - even before blood relatives.   

See also this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus - You are an awesome God who loves me and who has saved me and transformed my heart and life - I am daily blessed beyond what I deserve.  Thank You Jesus for Your rich grace and mercies.  I am undeserving.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.