Monday, January 21, 2019

“You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Messiah.

Luke 4

“You are the Son of God!” But he rebuked them and would not allow  them to speak, because they knew he was the Messiah. v41

Satan is real - he's been with us since the beginning, he tried to tempt Jesus into sin (Luke 4:1), and he continues to exist for all believers until the end of times when Jesus will defeat Satan and sin for the final time.  Satan knows Jesus, knows believers and is constantly looking for ways to get into our lives so that our faith weakens.

John Piper provides some great resources to assist us.
Satan's Ten Strategies Against You
Recommend Resources from John Piper on Satan 

One of the biggest lies Satan seeds is that "[t]he devil wants you to believe God’s commands are torturously burdensome and the death of your happiness. The devil wants you to believe that God is withholding joy from you in the limitations he places on you."  Wrong!  See more here.

In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. 1 John 5:3-4 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who protects me from Satan - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such protection.  I am too often arrogant or lazy and I turn from You to sin - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.