Saturday, January 19, 2019

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.

Luke 4

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. Deuteronomy 8:3 - full quote of Luke 4:4

Once Jesus is baptized (Luke 3), He at once goes into the wilderness and is tested in chapter 4. In verse 2, we learned that Jesus was hungry.  Yet Jesus places His "hunger and thirst for righteousness" above His physical need for food.  Satan would have provided Him food but Satan would have also claimed Jesus soul.  We are faced with such tests daily and we must recognize that our need for Jesus is just as important as our physical needs.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.  Matthew 5:6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God, and You feed me daily with not just food to eat and water to drink, but also with Your daily bread and living water.  Thank You Jesus for sustaining me. I am grateful...but also undeserving.  I worry, among my many sin where I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.