Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Jesus said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.”

Mark 11

Jesus said, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I am doing these things.” v33 

The chief priests, the teachers of the law and the Jewish elders challenged Jesus and could not with confidence claim that Jesus was not the Messiah, the Promised One.  The world and all of its evil influences challenge our belief in Jesus daily. We can stand on the Bible but I believe we should also stand on what Jesus has done for us personally - we all have a story.

At one point in my life, I believed I had it all and I could do anything, yet God challenged my arrogance and got me to see how He was the source of everything and that I had belonged to Him and came from Him.  God got me to see how everyone needs a Savior and Christ is that Savior.  It has taken many years for me to surrender more of my life to Him and I am still a work in progress - yet I stand today confident that Jesus is my Lord and Savior.  He is real and what He has done in my life is real.  I am less arrogant, more at peace, more patient, etc.  

I may be challenged by the world - but with God's help I will remain steadfast and I will not relent in my faith.


As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard. Acts 4:20

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.  1 Peter 3:15 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are amazing and You are my personal Lord and Savior.  You came to save me and indeed You did more than save me, You gave me life...and blessed me far more than I could ever imagine.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love.  I am week and I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.