Wednesday, January 30, 2019

They were all filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.”

Luke 7

They were all filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.” v16

Life is filled with challenges.  For believers, God promises us that we will "have trouble"; as part of His message He tells us also that we can "take heart" because [He] has "overcome the world" (John 16:33).  Our troubles began at The Fall (Genesis 3), when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden and promised difficult lives.  By not obeying God's instruction not to eat from the tree in the middle of the garden, Adam and Eve sought to be like God and to grow independent from Him.  We all have that urge within us - arrogance - but this leads to destruction because we all need a Savior and Jesus is that Savior.

God does and HAS helped us - He is the Promised Messiah.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who has come to save me - thank You Jesus!  I am undeserving of Your efforts but You are so full of grace - thank You!  Please forgive me because I am harsh with my words and actions.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.