Monday, January 7, 2019

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Mark 11

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. v24

All of us have cares and concerns - no exceptions.  We'd also like to feel as if we are able on our own to handle these cares and concerns.  My view is that this is not possible - at some point You must recognize that God is in control and He is good.

He not only hears our cries but He responds to all of our prayers.  

What we must recognize, however, is that what we seek in our prayers may not be exactly what God provides in response.  

It starts by praying in God's name and His will.  Check out this commentary by John Piper.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father, Jesus, You are a good, good Father and You are my personal Lord and Savior.  You came to save me, knowing everything about me, including my sin....thank You Jesus!  I am not worth saving - my sins are great and I am undeserving.  I daily miss the mark and I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.