Friday, January 25, 2019

Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.

Luke 6

Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you, and insult you, and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. v22

I don't think I am hated, excluded, insulted or rejected because of my faith, but I also don't try to hide my faith and love of Jesus.  God wants us to be a light and for me this in my house, my neighborhood, in my community, my workplace, wherever I am.   

I am reminded of Paul's words to the church in Colossae:

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. Colossians 3:23-24

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and I love You - You came to save me, knowing everything about me, including my sin and You continue to be with me - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love - I am easily distracted by earthly and worldly matters.  Please forgive me and help me turn from and overcome such sin by turning to You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.