Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you.

Luke 7

Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. v6-7

This passage about the faith of the centurion is well known, yet the focus is often on confident faith.  What is striking here is that the centurion is also a man a great humility - how can this be?  Confidence and humility - together?  Yes - check out the short but good blog post by JD Greear, a local pastor here in Raleigh.

See also posts from DesiringGod.com and I am Iron on this topic. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who willingly laid down His life to rescue me from the sting of sin and death.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a sacrifice - I daily miss the mark - I am often harsh with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.