Saturday, January 12, 2019

But Peter insisted emphatically, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the others said the same.

Mark 14

But Peter insisted emphatically, “Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you.” And all the others said the same. v31

God encourages us to interact with him, perhaps even to metaphorically "wrestle with God", yet at no time should believe that any word from God is not true.  Peter and the others challenge Jesus - allowing their arrogance to blind them from what God is saying and doing in their lives.  Jesus wants Peter to know that He KNOWS Peter will disown Him but that He is still going to die for His and everyone else's sin.

We should understand that the Bible IS God and everyone word and teaching contained within the Bible is true.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1 

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 

Scripture is perfect.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an amazing God and Your Word has brought me closer to You, giving me a better understanding of who You are and I have grown closer to You through Your Word - thank You Jesus for giving me Your Word and so much more!  I am not worth such blessings.  I worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.