Tuesday, January 15, 2019

And he broke down and wept.

Mark 14

And he broke down and wept. v72

In v53-72, Jesus is brought before the Sanhedrin (the high priest, and all the chief priests, the elders and the teachers of the law) and they bring forth testimony and charges - all false - against Jesus.  Jesus is then beat by the temple guards.  See also Luke 22:47-65.

We then have the story of how Peter denies his association with Jesus - three times - just as Jesus said he would.  Peter then breaks down as he begins to come to grips with the depth of his sin and Jesus' love for Him despite this sin.  

I think we must all come to the place where we recognize the need for a savior and Jesus is that savior.

We must DAILY remind ourselves of the sin we commit - either by commission (willingly) and omission (unwillingly) - check this out and let me know if you still don't need a savior...

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me - despite ALL of my sin!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love.  Again, I continue to sin daily!  Multiple times a day!  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.