Tuesday, July 21, 2020

All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever.

Micah 3-5 

All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever. Micah 4:5
  
Day 176 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with a study of the prophecies of Micah, as his second discourse* rebukes Israel's leaders and their false prophets and delivers a judgement against Assyria who will soon overrun Israel. Micah's message also includes powerful prophecies of the coming Messiah:

All the nations may walk in the name of their gods, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God for ever and ever. Micah 4:5

I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief. I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation. The Lord will rule over them in Mount Zion     from that day and forever.  Micah 4:6-7

But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.”  Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor bears a son, and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites. He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. And he will be our peace[.] Micah 3:2-5

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) . Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

I am grateful for the peace that only God can provide and praying that our world can experience this peace as well.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who provides peace - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such peace as my anxiety, stress, and worry are often painful - thank You for Your peace but please forgive me for my sin here!  Help me trust in You more and more every day, turn from my sin towards You and love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.