Monday, July 13, 2020

Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.

Hosea 4-9 

Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins. Ecclesiastes 7:20
  
Day 168 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with my study of Hosea, as Hosea warns Israel of her unfaithfulness and God's impending punishment. Once again, I am reminded (see post from a few days ago), to the point of God making this loud and clear, that while I can sit here and claim that my sin is not as bad as Israel's sin - I simply cannot make this claim.  We all sin.

Here are just a few snapshots of God's words delivered to Israel through Hosea:

“There is no faithfulness, no love, no acknowledgment of God in the land. Hosea 4:1 

Woe to them, because they have strayed from me! Destruction to them, because they have rebelled against me! I long to redeem them but they speak about me falsely. They do not cry out to me from their hearts but wail on their beds. Hosea 7:13-14 

But Israel has rejected what is good; an enemy will pursue him. They set up kings without my consent; they choose princes without my approval. Hosea 8:3-4 

My God will reject them because they have not obeyed him; they will be wanderers among the nations. Hosea 9:17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has greatly strengthened me in the battle against sin - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of Your love and of course salvation.  My sin continues - worry, anxiety, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.