Thursday, July 30, 2020

Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

Isaiah 24-26, 32, and 35

Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. Isaiah 26:12

Day 185 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with a return to Isaiah's prophecies, this time of the coming Messiah and also of the last days and as my commentary* describes "the ultimate triumph of good over evil". Isaiah describes judgement for the wicked as well as deliverance for believers - praising God throughout.

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) . Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition.

This morning there are many verses that stand out, including:

Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. Isaiah 25:1

Referring to Heaven:

On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. Isaiah 25:7-8 

And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it. No lion will be there, nor any ravenous beast; they will not be found there. But only the redeemed will walk there, and those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. Isaiah 35:8-10

Most importantly for me this morning is Isaiah 26:12 where Isaiah worships God and attributes all that he is and all that he has to God - we all must start with fear of God and humilityWe all need a savior and Jesus Christ is that Savior.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has provided everything for me - thank You Jesus!  You are also my savior - I am completely undeserving of all of this. I sin daily, including being harsh with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.