Saturday, July 4, 2020

But on Mount Zion will be deliverance; it will be holy, and Jacob will possess his inheritance.

Obadiah 1

But on Mount Zion will be deliverance; it will be holy, and Jacob will possess his inheritance. Obadiah 1:17
 
Day 159 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with a study of Obadiah, a little known prophet who has a vision from the Lord concerning the destruction of Edom - descendants of Esau whom the Lord foretold would struggle against his brother Jacob.  Obadiah's vision indicates that Edom will fall due to its pride and to fulfill God's plan that Esau would serve Jacob (Genesis 25). My commentary* indicates that "[i]n addition to its immediate relevance, the prophecy stands as a warning to all enemies of God’s people, especially those who ought to be 'brothers.'"

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) . Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 

With all of the strife in this world today, believers can take comfort in knowing that God loves us and will ultimately deliver us from whatever strife we face.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has showered me with attention, blessings, love, patience, compassion, mercy, etc.  Thank You Jesus. I am not deserving of such love.  I am too easily distracted by the world and often allow this to impact my faith.  I know this is sinful.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my faith towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.