Saturday, September 19, 2020

Because you think you are wise, as wise as a god, I am going to bring foreigners against you, the most ruthless of nations; they will draw their swords against your beauty and wisdom and pierce your shining splendor.

 Ezekiel 26-28

Because you think you are wise, as wise as a god, I am going to bring foreigners against you, the most ruthless of nations; they will draw their swords against your beauty and wisdom and pierce your shining splendor. Ezekiel 28:6-7

Day 236 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with Ezekiel, as God delivers judgement (though Ezekiel) to both Tyre and Sidon both neighbors of Judah who seek to take advantage of a Jerusalem under siege.

Building on my post yesterday, we once again see the reaction from God towards those who seek glory for self vs God and who fail to acknowledge and submit to The Creator. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of mercy and compassion for me - despite the many days when I failed to acknowledge and submit to You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love, mercy and compassion.  My sin continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.