Saturday, September 26, 2020

“Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid. When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord.”

Ezekiel 37-39

 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name. They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid. When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will be proved holy through them in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the people of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord.” Ezekiel 37:25-29
 
Day 242 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues in Ezekiel as my commentary* indicates God shows Ezekiel visions (dry bones that come to life, joined sticks of wood) that signify the restoration and reunification of the divided kingdom of Judah and Israel. God then shows Ezekiel a vision of the end times when His wrath is poured out on evil for the final time. "[T]he reasons for the destruction are the same: rebellion and wickedness. The other difference is that the punishment will be of an eternal nature. At that time there will be no restoration of the wicked—only everlasting peace and joy for the righteous."

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition. 
 
Ezekiel's vision from God about the restoration and reunification of the divided kingdom of Judah and Israel is a portrait consistent with how God restores all believers and reunifies (reconciles) us with Him (as sin separates us from God).  It also includes how God gives us the Holy Spirit - God is with us.
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who Has poured His Spirit on me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.