Sunday, September 20, 2020

Obey the Lord by doing what I tell you. Then it will go well with you, and your life will be spared.

Jeremiah 37-38

Obey the Lord by doing what I tell you. Then it will go well with you, and your life will be spared.  Jeremiah 38:20

Day 237 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as I go back to Jeremiah as my commentary* describes a period just before Jerusalem's fall and how Jeremiah is imprisoned, then later thrown down a pit then pulled out of the pit. We are led to believe that Zedekiah truly believes in God as he calls on Jeremiah for God's counsel but Zedekiah's entreaties to Jeremiah for God's counsel fail to lead to Zedekiah surrendering his heart to God. 

I have recently posted on how God both hardens and softens hearts.  Faith is indeed a gift from God (Ephesians 2:8-9) and we must be thankful for the faith we have, and pray and snatch others from the fire

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who snatched me from the fire - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift - the greatest gift of all time.  My sin continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.