Monday, September 21, 2020

‘But I will rescue you on that day, declares the Lord; you will not be given into the hands of those you fear. I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in me, declares the Lord.’

2 Kings 25, 2 Chronicles 36, and Jeremiah 52, 39-40

But I will rescue you on that day, declares the Lord; you will not be given into the hands of those you fear. I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in me, declares the Lord.’ Jeremiah 39:17-18

Day 238 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as we actually see the details of actual fall of Jerusalem.  My commentary* describes the details: "the wall is breached in the fourth month of 586 B.C.; when Zedekiah and his troops flee the city by night, they are quickly captured; a month later the glorious temple of Solomon and the royal palace are razed; the remaining noblemen are killed and temple treasures are taken as booty; and, over a period of four years, hundreds of people are taken captive and deported to Babylon."

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition.

Just as God promised (as God is faithful), Jeremiah survives the fall and God attributes it to Jeremiah's faithfulness. Time and time again, we see how