Wednesday, September 30, 2020

“And the name of the city from that time on will be: the Lord is there.”

Ezekiel 44-48

“And the name of the city from that time on will be: the Lord is there.” Ezekiel 48:35

Day 249 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with Ezekiel where my reading this morning builds on yesterday's post regarding Ezekiel's vision of a new temple. This morning the entirety of my reading focuses on roles/observances of the priests, whom may be allowed to enter the temple, how and to who land is to be allotted (upon restoration of Israel/Judah from exile), instructions for offerings and festivals (Passover, etc.).  There is reference to a prince in these chapters and a review of material from John Piper and John MacArthur does not reveal anything - I am curious about this reference myself but at this point this remains a mystery.

For now, I rest once again on how God is with me and all believers.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is with me always.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love.  I worry, gossip, and have other sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.