Saturday, September 12, 2020

And you have forgotten me, declares the Sovereign Lord.

 Ezekiel 19-22

And you have forgotten me, declares the Sovereign Lord. Ezekiel 22:12

Day 229 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with my study of Ezekiel. My commentary describes today's reading "[a]s a lasting reminder of how the wicked are brought down[.] Ezekiel writes a lament for two of Judah’s kings who were taken by Judah’s oppressors. It has been some 17 years since Pharaoh Necho led King Jehoahaz away to captivity in Egypt, and some six years since Nebuchadnezzar brought a subdued King Jehoiakin to Babylonia. Their capture and exile are witness to Judah’s vulnerability to God’s judgment."

Ezekiel also delivers from God words of judgement on both Israel and Judah. The puppet king Zedekiah is warned as is the Ammonites.

*Smith, F. LaGard. The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®). Harvest House Publishers. Kindle Edition.

Sticking out like a sore thumb this morning are God's words how Judah failed to remember all that God had done for Judah, including all of the grace and patience God demonstrates over many generations where sin and disobedience to God continued, albeit with certain periods of obedience and love for God. 

Worship and a heart of gratitude are critical for our journey with God. God has done SO much for us and we must recognize this and praise Him daily.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father, You are an awesome God who has done so much for me my whole life and even today - how You give me life and life to the full.  I am not deserving of how You are so full of love and grace for me.  My sin continues.  Forgive me Father.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.