Saturday, February 27, 2021

By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear.

Matthew 26

By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. Isaiah 45:23

I continue with my study of - Ten Men of the Bible: How God Used Imperfect People to Change the World - eBook by Max Lucado (for purchase). This afternoon, I continue with the story of "Matthew: Redefining God's Family*".

*Title of lesson seven from the Max Lucado study.

The commentary* of day five starts with Max Lucado highlighting how it was not just Judas who betrayed Jesus on the night Jesus was arrested but all the disciples, including Matthew, and even all believers. Lucado wants us to recognize that all of us at one point or another in our lives have betrayed Jesus.  We are all guilty.  Yet Jesus restored the believers and He restores us.  He rose again, provides us with the Holy Spirit and promises never to leave or forsake us.  What an incredible promise - all this for a broken and sinful group of people who often fall down in trust of God. We should recognize God's grace in light of how we betray Jesus.  He loves us, in spite of our sin.  God loves us in ways that no other can.  We also need to recognize WHO IS IT THAT LOVES US - the God of the Universe.  The Lord of Lords...this should cause all to fall to their knees in worship. 

By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear. Isaiah 45:23

It is written: “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.’” Romans 14:23
 
...that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth[.] Philippians 2:10


My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and You are the God of the Universe who knows everything about me, including my sin and betrayal of You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love.  My sin continues, including worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.