Saturday, February 6, 2021

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Genesis 25, 27, 30, and 32

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

I continue with my study of - Ten Men of the Bible: How God Used Imperfect People to Change the World - eBook by Max Lucado (for purchase). This morning, I continue with the story of "Jacob: Wrestling with the Past*".

*Title of lesson three from the Max Lucado study.

The commentary* of day four starts with Max Lucado discussing how our past sins cause all of us to wrestle (just as Jacob did) with guilt, shame, and fear of consequences at some point in our lives.  Lucado asks us to look at the stories of Samson, David, Elijah (1 Kings 19), and Peter, all of who struggled with guilt and fear. Some, like Jacob run from their past, yet Lucado wants us to understand the true power of repentance and pursuing God.

Psalm 32 offers a number of verses on the power of repentance. 

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have shown me the power of repentance with a changed life - a life more oriented towards You...and You have blessed me in ways I cannot imagine.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and blessings.  My sin continues.  Worry, etc. Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.