Friday, February 12, 2021

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Moses

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14

I continue with my study of - Ten Men of the Bible: How God Used Imperfect People to Change the World - eBook by Max Lucado (for purchase). This morning, I continue with the story of "Moses: A Glimpse of God's Glory*".

*Title of lesson four from the Max Lucado study.

The commentary* of day five starts with Max Lucado pointing us to how, in the face of a stiff-necked group of Israelites, Moses needed reassurance that God was with him.  In Exodus 33:18, Moses asks God to "show [him] [God's] glory".  Lucado then encourages us to at how we from time to time seek reassurances from God. God then gave Moses a glimpse of Him - not his face but his back.  Moses' face was then radiant when he descended down the mountain and met with Aaron and the Israelites (with the two tablets of the Ten Commandments in hand). As Lucado wraps up a look at Moses, we are encouraged to look at the long arc of Moses' life and how Moses' upbringing revealed a desire in his heart for fairness and justice and how God flamed these desires as attributes of his leadership.  God continues to work in us for our entire lives as He did for Moses well beyond when he was already 80 years old.  Lucado ends by pointing us to Philippians 1:6 then to John 1:14: 

...that [H]e who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus".

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has great patience, mercy, and compassion for me as I strive to finish my race - I know You are not done with me. Thank You for how You have refined me and how You remain with and in me.  I am not deserving for how You bless me and how You never leave me. I am often disobedient with harsh words and actions, and other sins.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.