Wednesday, November 8, 2023

[We are] waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ[.]

Titus 2

[We are] waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ[.] Titus 2:13

I continue my pause of my study of 1 Corinthians as I participate in a men's discipleship group (d-group) at my church.  This morning, on week 3-day-6, my focus is the memory verse for this week Titus 2:13. As I posted on October 24th, Titus is similar to Timothy in that Paul has taken both under his wing to grow them into church leaders.  Paul has left Titus in Crete to establish Godly order and practices in the churches - see Titus 1:5. In Titus 2 more broadly (vv1-10), Paul is pouring into Titus to help him teach sound doctrine, and Paul gives Titus commands and expectations for those within the church at Crete, including older men, older women, young women, young men, and bondservants (common at that time).  Paul also provides commands and expectations for Titus as a leader.  In vv11-12, Paul reminds Titus how God's grace brings not only salvation, but His Word, the Holy Spirit, etc. train us to live Godly lives.  In v13 God is training and equipping us to endure whatever circumstances we find ourselves in as we wait for the return of Jesus Christ.  We have not just any hope but a blessed hope.  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are SO good - You are my salvation and my blessed hope! Thank You Jesus, I am not deserving however of such grace.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.