Friday, January 1, 2021

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion".... Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden....“God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day.

Romans 9-11

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion"....  Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden....“God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day. Romans 9:15, 18, 11:7

Day 341 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as I move further into the New Testament - this evening the focus is chapters 9-11 of Paul's letter to the believers in Rome. Paul expresses anguish over the Jewish nation and their general hardening towards Christ. Paul makes it clear, just as he does in Ephesians 2:8-9 that faith is a gift by indicating that God can have mercy on anyone, not just Jews but also the gentiles (quoting Exodus 33:19).

I don't know why God gave me faith but I am grateful that God gave me faith.  For those who don't believe pray to God that He will give You faith.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an awesome God who gave me faith and a growing desire for You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift.  My sin continues, including worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.