Friday, January 22, 2021

Therefore, “they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence. ‘Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,’ nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Revelation 4-8

Therefore, “they are before the throne of God and serve him day and night in his temple; and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence. ‘Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat down on them,’ nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’” Revelation 7:15-17

Day 362 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with Revelation as I reach the final days of my chronological study of the Bible. In Revelation 4-8 we get a detailed description of God's throne in all of its glory including the multitude of those praising and singing songs of worship to God.  We also see a portrait of evil.  We see a scroll with seven seals that only Jesus can open.  We see how God is in control of and over everything including sin and death. Destruction of the wicked begins during these times. Yet we also see how the faithful, including those martyred, are sealed and protected. We are left with this amazing portrait of what awaits all of us during the end times.

Life on earth is temporary...and at times very difficult.  Yet Jesus came to give us life to the full (and not according to any earthly definition) now and for eternity with Him.  We should all long for this.

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: You are an amazing God who loves me and who has saved a place for me in Heaven!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift!  My sin continues, including worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.