Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

 Leviticus 5

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. Psalm 32:1-2

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - wrapping chapter five - Five Eternal, Counter Cultural Truths about God, Us and Our Sin - covering Leviticus 5:1-13, looking specifically at the final truth - After Confession and Atonement, God Forgives. The commentary this morning emphasizes how once sacrifice and atonement was offered - God forgives.  See this in v5:10 and 13. It is also emphasized how "atonement is available to everyone" and how regardless of social (see Leviticus 4:27 reference to "common people") or economic status - see Leviticus 5 for how less costly sacrifices are acceptable by God for those who cannot afford a lamb (v5:7) or even two turtledoves or two pigeons (v5:11) - everyone has access to God's forgiveness. The commentary states unequivocally "[n]o one was barred from God's forgiveness."  The commentary then pivots to how worshipers experience joy with forgiveness - we are urged to examine scripture where we see this joy. 

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and You forgive.  The joy of forgiveness!  I am grateful for how You forgive...yet I know I am undeserving because my sin - intentional and unintentional - continues....anger, worry, etc. Please reveal to me my sin, forgive me Jesus for my sin, and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.