Tuesday, September 28, 2021

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Leviticus 8

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 1 Peter 2:9

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - ending my time with chapter eight - Are You Ready to Serve - covering Leviticus 8:1-8:36, looking specifically at the theme - Enjoy Communion with God in Serving.  Here, the commentary wraps the chapter by looking at v31 where Aaron and sons are commanded by to God to eat an ordination meal at the entrance of the tent of meeting, "a space that represented the presence of God.  Therefore they were eating in the presence of God.  Eating with someone symbolized fellowship...[and] friendship." The commentary then describes how a friendship or close relationship can develop into something where one of the friends who is not a believer may see "something" about the other friend who is a believer and this something is Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit working in the believer's life.  As this chapter of the commentary wraps its look at how we are to serve, just as Aaron and his sons did, we are encouraged to look at how believers are to serve in all areas in our life, including in our relationships, as all believers are part of a "royal priesthood" (see 1 Peter 2:9). 

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who has placed many, many believers in my life who acted in their "priestly duties" by submitting their lives to Jesus, and allowing Jesus to work through them as I and others saw this - all so that myself and others became drawn to God.  Amazing indeed - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You have orchestrated all of this.  My sin, of anger, worry, etc. continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.