Thursday, September 2, 2021

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

Leviticus 3

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. Romans 5:10-11

This morning, I continued my study of Leviticus using the Christ-Centered Exposition series commentary for this book - looking at chapter three - Peace with God - covering 3:1-17, looking specifically at the theme We See the Need for Reconciliation with God. Here, my commentary describes the peace offering, as described in Leviticus 3, as a means to achieve both peace with God, and then of course, peace of mind - something believers should recognize as truly only available through a relationship with Jesus Christ.  The commentary starts by reminding us that, prior to any faith in Jesus Christ, "we're not automatically at peace with God."  We are urged to review Romans 5:10 and Colossians 1:21.  Pride is described as often getting in the way of our relationship with Jesus as we say, "I'm good," or "I don't need God." We should also recognize that without reconciliation to, and a relationship with God, we not only experience spiritual death, but also eternal damnation. Our key takeaway for this morning is that we appreciate the need for reconciliation with God and how God provides the means to reconcile with Him - this first came through the sacrificial system as described here in Leviticus 3, then ultimately through Jesus Christ.  

Comment and discuss this post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God as You provided a path to reconcile with Yourself - through Jesus Christ!  Thank You Jesus!  The greatest gift of all time!  I am not deserving of such a gift. My sin continues...worry, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.