Thursday, February 10, 2022

And he said, “Go, and say to this people: “‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’ Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.”

Isaiah 6

And he said, “Go, and say to this people: “‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’ Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.” Isaiah 6:9-10

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I look more closely at Isaiah 6:9-10, which my study refers to as "the most quoted verses from Isaiah in the New Testament." As such, I look more closely at where the New Testament refers to these verses, including:

In particular, using Acts 28:23-29, the study asks us to look closely at how many of the Jewish leaders rejected Paul's teaching and use of Isaiah. A question in my mind is did the Jewish leaders really know their scripture, for if they truly knew that Paul was quoting Isaiah, they perhaps would not have reacted in the way they did.  Instead it appeared they were offended and rejected Paul's preaching and the Good News. I am challenged to avoid a similar mistake which would be to reject teachings of God through ignorance of the Word. I am more motivated than ever to satisfy an ever growing "hunger and thirst for righteousness."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - thank You for Your Word.  Through study of Your Word, I see my own sin and I can see how You are molding me into more of Your image - I know You are not done yet but thank You for the sanctification process!  I am blessed!  Yet I am not deserving of this blessing, nor any of the blessings You pour out for me.  My sin of worry and other sins continue.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.